We are a locally-owned business providing comprehensive IT services to small- and medium-sized businesses in the Central Alberta area. Reality Bytes Incorporated is a recognized Managed Services leader, ranked on the annual MSP Mentor list of the Top 501 world-wide company rankings of progressive managed IT services providers.
The IT Technician Level II – III requires both proven experience with technology and outstanding personal communication skills. You should enjoy building solutions that leverage technology to meet a client’s business needs.
The IT Technician Level II – III works jointly with sales to provide pre- and post-sales support, onsite systems assessments, resolving client issues responsively and accurately, and always ensuring that the client's IT environment is secure, reliable and optimal.
A positive, service-oriented personality is a must. The successful candidate is one who has an open mind, a strong desire for continuous learning and an effective team player.
You will have the opportunity to grow your skills and career with a fast growing IT services company, leveraging cutting-edge tools and technology. Ongoing learning and certifications are highly encouraged and supported.
As our ideal candidate you have the following qualifications:
- 5-7 years hands-on experience, 2+ with a MSP (Managed Services Provider)
- setting up, configuring, troubleshooting and fixing networking equipment, Windows servers and workstations, Active Directory, Microsoft Office 365
- setting up, configuring firewalls such as Sonicwall, Barracuda, and Mikrotik
- backup technologies including cloud-based backups
- working with cloud platforms such as AWS and/or Azure
- Experience with RMM (remote monitoring and management) platforms such as SolarWinds and Connectwise Automate, ticketing system such as Autotask or Connectwise
- Provided exceptional customer service and technical expertise on inbound calls and tickets generated by customers
- Performed onsite systems, network and security assessments using standard best practices and industry standard tools (ed Network Detective/RapidFire)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and is comfortable working directly with clients
- Possesses strong organizational and time-management skills
- Results-oriented, self-motivated, energetic, professional, reliable and a team player
- Sales training/experience is a plus
- Ideally you will have one or more of the following certifications:
- CompTIA Net+ and/or CompTIA Security+
- CCNA or CCIE-Cisco certifications
- MCSA (Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator/Solutions Associate) or MCSE (Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer) MCITP Microsoft Certified IT Professional, MCSE (Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert)
We offer competitive wages, a comprehensive health insurance package, Paid Time off, challenging work, career opportunities, a supportive work environment and ongoing training. We encourage, support and reward ongoing certifications.
Compensation is dependent of qualifications and certifications.
Compensation range $55,000 - $75,000
Job Type: Full-time
Windows Server: 3 years (Preferred)
Network Administration: 3 years (Preferred)
Remote monitoring and management: 2 years (Preferred)
IT Support: 3 years (Preferred)
Work authorization: Canadian Resident/Canadian Citizen (Required)
Closing date OCT 15, 2018